Padmashri Nirupam Bajpai Visits IIHMR, Jaipur to talk on ‘Improving Access & Efficiency of Public Health Sector in India’
- Programme Type : Padmashri Nirupam Bajpai Visits IIHMR
- Duration : March 10, 2014
- “Improving Access and Efficiency of Public Health Sector in India’ has been a growing concern of the Government at all levels in India, be it the state level or the Central level and the kind of transformation that the country has undergone is very inspiring and has set benchmarks for the entire world including the developed countries”, was the experience of Padmashri Nirupam Bajpai who was at IIHMR, Jaipur on March 10th, 2014 for a session on various issues related to Public Health.
- Shri Nirupam Bajpai, a macroeconomist by profession and one of the youngest recipients of the Padmashri, has been contributing into the Field of Public Health and its development since last two decades. His presence at the Institute and his address to the Faculty and other members of the staff was thoroughly appreciated.
- He laid prominence on mobilizing and expanding the field of Public Health and suggested means to achieve population stability by way of reducing the infant mortality rate. He also mentioned the contribution made by IIHMR in Public Health with a special mention of the health and hospital managers that it has produced.
- Shri Bajpai was full of hopes and expressed his vision of an India where basic health facilities will come to people as their right and not as a privilege.