The Library offers a range of services including reference and consultation, membership and circulation, photocopying, resource-sharing, information-alert service, user-awareness programmes and access to the world’s online library of books Delnet and electronic databases.
1. Reference Section
The Library has a reference section, which provides some rare and expensive books. These books are meant only for reference in the library itself.
2. User -Awareness Program
The Library takes an active part in the orientation programme organized by the institute for the benefit of new students in the beginning of each academic year. They are taken around the library to familiarize them with various sections of the library to create awareness about the services so as to make optimum use of the library.
- Workshops and seminars (International & National) are Organized by Library annually. To remain connected with the present digital era and the newest library technology and to connect with different libraries all around DR. D. A. HENDERSON LIBRARY & DOCUMENTATION CENTRE Organized Workshop sand seminars.
- Meet your Members- An online session of DELNET Book Fair Seminar on Online Journals and Digital Library Systems Seminar on Online Journals and Networking.
- National workshop on Building Digital Libraries Using GSDL and Dspace” Jointly organized by IIHMR University Library, and SALIS, New Delhi.
- 12th MANLIBNET Annual Convention Knowledge Dissemination Through Libraries and Information Centers: Sharing Vision for The Future Jointly Organized by IIHMR University Library, and Management Libraries Network (MANLIBNET)
- “International Seminar on Libraries at Crossroads” organized by SLA-Asian Chapter, SMS Medical College, Jaipur and IIHMR University Library, at SMS Medical College, Jaipur (Raj).
- International Seminar on changing perception of libraries and librarianship organized by IIHMR University Library. October 29,2012
- International Seminar on Cultural Heritage Information: Strategic Role of Library and Information Centers organized by IIHMR University Library. November 16,2013
- Three-day National Workshop on Library Automation Software (KOHA) and Content Management System (JOOMLA) by IIHMR University Library. September 19-21,2014
- Two Days National Workshop on Scholarly Writing, Reference Management, and Deterring Plagiarism December 21-22, 2015 by IIHMR University Library.
4. Reference and Consultation
The library is open to all members. It follows an open access system that allows users a direct access to the library stock. Students can access the collection through online enquiry from computers.
5. Photocopying Service
The library provides photocopying service to the faculty-members and students at nominal charges.
6. Current Awareness Service
A monthly list of the contents of books, latest journals and magazines is sent to the faculty-members.
The library also provides latest information to its users through newspaper-clippings.
7. Internet services:
The Library provides the Internet facility to the users for accessing e-journals and web-resources.