A Study on Patient Satisfaction at Multi Super Specialized Hospital and Heart Institute, New Delhi
- Agency : Patient Satisfaction, Multi Super Specialized Hospital, Quality of Health Care
- Objective : Not Available
- Background : A brief study of patient satisfaction was done at a 150 bedded multi super specialized health care centre which is accredited with ISO 9001: 2000 & 14001: 2004 certification for quality healthcare services and management.
- Methodology : A patient satisfaction questionnaire and a checklist for in-depth interviews with service providers were used as a study tools. In total of 100 inpatients were included in three departments of the hospital with highest patient inflow; medicine, gynecology and surgery. The aggregate scores of the questionnaire regarding patient satisfaction were calculated using MS Excel and SPSS version 12.
- Findings : It was found that only 32% of patients were satisfied from the reception services and only 18% from the billing department. The service providers agree that billing and reception were the major areas in the hospital that need improvements. While the score for interpersonal manner (86.3%) and communication (85.4%) were found well. The score for financial aspects was found low at only 61.6%. The study also gives some insight into the services available and suggestions for further improvement in the medical care services.
- Recommendations : Not Available